Thank you for your interest in becoming an ANAD Peer Support Mentor!
ANAD’s Peer Support Mentorship Program offers online support for individuals who suffer from eating disorders and are motivated for recovery. Peer Support Mentors are people who have walked the difficult road to recovery from their eating disorder and are recovered for at least 2 years. Mentors support their mentees in their journey as a source of hope, wisdom, and empathy.
Peer Support Mentor Eligibility
- As a prerequisite, all applicants must believe in the core values of ANAD and be driven by our mission
- All applicants must be 18 years or older
- All applicants must have lived experience with an eating disorder and be recovered for 2 years or longer
- All applicants must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- All applicants must live in the United States
Volunteer Position Overview
- All Peer Support Mentors must complete all required ANAD volunteer trainings, including online readings, activities and live sessions
- ANAD volunteers serve terms of 6 months to 1 year (to be reviewed semi-annually and with the option to continue)
- Peer Support Mentors provide at least 1 hour of online or phone support to each assigned mentee every week
- Mentoring is provided via phone or video conferencing
- Completion of Online Application
- Participation in an interview with ANAD staff
- Signing of Peer Support Mentor Agreement
- Completion of online Peer Support Mentor Training
- Assignment to an ANAD Support Group
- Matching with an ANAD mentee
Please note this is a multi-step process that may take several weeks to complete.