Thank you for your interest in becoming an ANAD Support Group Leader!
ANAD support groups offer weekly peer support and are open to anyone with lived experience of an eating disorder. Our groups are facilitated by trained volunteers who have walked the difficult road to recovery from their eating disorder and have been recovered for at least 2 years.
Support Group Leader Eligibility
- As a prerequisite, all applicants must believe in the core values of ANAD and be driven by our mission
- All applicants must be 18 years or older
- All applicants must have lived experience with an eating disorder and be recovered for 2 years or longer
- All applicants must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- All applicants must live in the United States
Volunteer Position Overview
- All Support Group Leaders must complete all required ANAD volunteer trainings, including online readings, activities and live sessions
- ANAD volunteers serve terms of 6 months to 1 year (to be reviewed semi-annually and with the option to continue)
- ANAD Support Group Leaders facilitate ~2 times a month
- ANAD support groups will operate weekly
- ANAD support groups will last 60 to 90 minutes in duration
- Completion of Online Application
- Participation in an interview with ANAD staff
- Signing of Support Group Leader Agreement
- Completion of online Support Group Leader Training
- Assignment to an ANAD Support Group
Please note this is a multi-step process that may take several weeks to complete.