Thank you for your interest in becoming an ANAD Helpline Volunteer!
Our helpline is operated by volunteers who are trained to connect callers to resources and provide general support. Volunteers consist of recovered individuals with lived experience of an eating disorder, those passionate about working with those who have eating disorders and professional mental health care providers.
Helpline Volunteer Eligibility
- As a prerequisite, all applicants must believe in the core values of ANAD and be driven by our mission
- All applicants must be 18 years or older
- All applicants must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- All applicants should have an interest in working in the mental health field and/or serving those affected by eating disorders
- All applicants must be detail-oriented and have excellent written communication skills
- All applicants must live in the United States
Volunteer Position Overview
- All Helpline volunteers must complete all required ANAD volunteer trainings, including online readings, activities and live sessions
- ANAD volunteers serve terms of 6 months to 1 year (to be reviewed semi-annually and with the option to continue)
- Helpline volunteers are responsible for the following tasks:
- Responding to all calls during their designated shifts
- Collecting and maintaining accurate documentation
- Entering all required data and requests into the correct systems
- Completion of Online Application
- Participation in an interview with ANAD staff
- Signing of Helpline Volunteer Agreement
- Completion of online Helpline Volunteer Training
- Assignment to Helpline Schedule
Please note this is a multi-step process that may take several weeks to complete.