Thursday Online Support Group Special Topics
Led by Shelly
ANAD’s longest serving program is our eating disorder, self-help support groups. Self-help group support can help tremendously when someone is suffering from an eating disorder because it allows them to share what they are feeling and thinking in a safe, non-threatening environment where they will not be judged for having an eating disorder. Caring community support can help replace eating disorders.
Shelly will focus this group on Special Planned Topics for discussion. Some examples of her topics may include:
- Internal Values versus External Validation
- Sitting with Emotions, Acknowledging Sensations, and Emotions as Knowledge
- Self-Care and Self-Compassion
- Limiting beliefs, self-judgments, and self-defeating thoughts
- Internal motivation and how to keep going when times get tough
In addition to her structured group, Shelly also runs a weekly support group Click here for details.