This training will help Helpline Volunteers learn how to deal with the different issues and situations that may arise while supporting someone in eating disorder recovery and give them the appropriate skills and tools for being a Helpline Volunteer including the following:
- How to properly answer phone calls and emails to the Helpline
- How to assist someone who is in eating disorder crisis
- How to assist someone seeking for referral treatment
- Identifying which phone calls will require further help and assistance from an ANAD Supervisor
- The most common requests for help ANAD gets and how to best assist them.