Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentee!
ANAD’s Peer Support Mentorship Program offers free, eating disorder support online for individuals who suffer from eating disorders and are motivated for recovery. All mentors are people who have walked the difficult road to recovery from their eating disorder and are recovered for at least 2 years. Mentors support their mentees in their journey as a source of hope, wisdom, and empathy.
- All applicants must be in outpatient care, not residential, PHP, or inpatient care.
- All applicants must be recommended by their therapist as a good fit for the mentorship program based on our medical and clinical criteria
- All applicants must reside in the United States
- All applicants under the age of 18, must have parent/legal guardian sign all required documentation, prior to acceptance into the program
- Mentorships last 6 months – 1 year
- Mentors and mentees meet for at least 1 hour of peer support every week
- Mentoring is provided via phone or video conferencing
- Mentors and mentees are prohibited from meeting in person
- Neither mentors nor mentees will be turned away or denied support due to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- The ANAD Peer Support Mentorship Program is NOT treatment, but support. It is required that mentees continue professional treatment with their treatment team and view our services as free, peer support to assist them along their journey of recovery. We are not mental health or medical health professionals and do not claim to be so. We expect mentees will follow the advice of those professionals in their life and work.
- Completion of Online Application
- Signing of HIPAA Release of Information Form
- Signing of Clinical Clearance Form (By Therapist)
- Signing of Mentee Agreement
- Completion of Mentee Assessment
- Matching with an ANAD mentor
Please note this is a multi-step process that may take several weeks to complete. Onboarding takes several weeks. Mentorships will be launched in August 2021.