Thank you for your interest in being mentored!
ANAD’s Recovery Mentorship Program offers free eating disorder support online for those who struggle with eating disorders but are motivated to recover. ANAD mentors are people who have walked the difficult road to recovery from their eating disorder and are recovered for at least 2 years. Mentors spend six months working with and supporting their mentees as a source of hope, wisdom, and empathy.
We accept applications twice a year. Applications will reopen in January 2023 for the cohort starting in February 2023. If you’d like to request a mentor, please fill out our short interest survey and we will follow up ahead of our next cohort.
- In outpatient care, not residential, PHP, or inpatient care at time of the mentorship program
- Ability to get agreement from their therapist that they are a good fit for the mentorship program
- 18 years or older; parental consent if under 18
- Live in the United States
- Mentorships last 6 months
- Mentors and mentees meet for at least 1 hour of peer support every week via phone or video conferencing
- Mentors and mentees will not meet in person
- Neither mentors nor mentees will be turned away or denied support due to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- The ANAD Recovery Mentorship Program is NOT treatment, but support. It is required that mentees continue professional treatment with their treatment team and view our services as free, peer support to assist them along their journey of recovery. We are not mental health or medical health professionals and do not claim to be so. We expect mentees will follow the advice of those professionals in their life and work.
- Sign release form and program agreements
- Provide therapist’s clearance
- Match with a Mentor